Sunday 17 May 2009

16th May 2009 - Brake flexible hose terminations

I've spent the last couple of days planning out the routing of all the bits and pieces needed to make the various aircraft systems work: pitot, static, fuel, cabin heat, cabin air, engine controls, wiring, tank venting and brakes as I want to get all the appropriate mounting plates welded to the fuselage structure ready for painting. I think I've got it all sorted back from the firewall, but I'm going to need to temporarily hang the engine to finalise the various firewall mounted items that will need supporting brackets (e.g. the battery). Today I welded into place a couple of plates that will mount the AN fittings that connect the flexible brake pipes coming from the master cylinders to the aluminium tubing that will run down the back of the main gear legs to the brakes. The tubes will eventually be covered by the gear leg fairings and the fuselage intersection fairings. I also reworked the straps across the top of the fuel tank as these were too loose. I'm still maintaining my "to-do" list http://tailwindbuild.blogspot.com/2009/03/25th-march-2009-list.html of jobs needed to get the fuselage ready for priming/painting and it's slowly getting shorter. Trouble is I'm also building up a list of "to-dos" ready for when it is painted!
Posted by Picasa