Tuesday 12 May 2009

12th May 2009 - Right hand door panelling and window

I started today by laying out the right door window and given that I had enough lexan left over I remade the left front side window which had been double drilled to fit the left door http://tailwindbuild.blogspot.com/2009/04/13th-april-2009-left-door-skin.html . The rest of the day was spent making the right door skin and fitting it and the window as per the left door. I got a good fit this time so a thin neoprene strip on the front door post should make it draft proof. I've got one minor bit of rework to do on both doors. Now the skins are on the door latches fit too tightly behind the rear door posts so I need to space them off the door frame by about 1/8" each otherwise when the fuselage is covered they won't close at all.
Posted by Picasa