Wednesday 29 October 2014

29th October 2014 - Doors glazed

After superb weather over the last few days when I have been working in the garden, today it's raining so now the door paint is fully dry I completed glazing the doors. Like the rear windows, I'm just screwing and gluing the window to the frame. For the doors I'm using 5mm thick polycarbonate to add some structural stiffness. I've stuck some P-seal round the top, rear, and bottom of the door to seal it to the fuselage when closed. I've also applied P-seal to the fuselage along the front of the door jamb. Next job is to make some internal handles. As these will be used to pull the door in against the seal my original idea of printing them won't work so I'll get some aluminium rod and turn some up on the lathe - another item to add to the to-do list.