Sunday 18 July 2010

11th July 2010 - Left wing structure finished

Work is proceeding slowly and I'm also behind on blogging. The main structure of the left wing is now complete and glued up. However, this will be the last construction I can do with epoxy. I developed an allergy to epoxy when building the Vans resulting in contact dermatitis which became infected - nasty. This time I've been very careful to make sure my skin is covered and to wear gloves but I've still developed another bad reaction. Reading into the literature, it seems for anyone using epoxy the question is not if they will become allergic but when. Forced air breathing and full body suits seem to be the order of the day for professionals - hardly practical at home. So the rest of the construction will use a resorcinol based glue (Aerodux 500).
Posted by Picasa