Monday 5 September 2011

5th September 2011 - Baggage Compartment

I'm using lightweight plastic sign board for the walls of the baggage compartment. To trim this I've found some self adhesive felt fabric. So this was stuck in place and the baggage compartment walls screwed into place. The seat belts have also been installed as the bolts securing the centre cable and outer lap belt halves will be difficult to get at once the fuselage is covered. Finally the rear window frames were installed as the fabric covering will go over these. I'm waiting for the last components (struts, flaps, ailerons) to be returned from sandblasting then I will do one last trial fit of the wings and all control serfaces and if all is well the covering of the fuselage can then start. In the mean time I need to order the covering fabric so it will probably a week or so before I can get going.
Posted by Picasa